best....peach...ever!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
dh and i were in the yard today getting some of the trees we took down earlier this summer cut and stacked for winter use. while out at the back of the property i noticed a peach on one of my trees was nice and ripe, a little on the small side though. took a sniff and boy o' boy what a wonderful smell! brought it over to my dh and we each got a couple bites. sooooo sweet and tasty! i was not expecting any of the blooms to produce peaches this year. i didn't even spray them

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heavenly, aren't they? I had enough to make a batch of jam...unbelievably good! I never spray mine.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are there any more where that came from?

My dwarf peach and nectarine that are in containers are doing really well. Hope they produce next year.

Mary

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yummmmm! I love peaches, too. But I also have this silly aversion to peach fuzz. I simply cannot bite into a peach with that blasted fuzz on it. So I usually use my filthy pocket knife to peel them before eating. My neighbor says that you can drop peaches into boiling water and then into cold water just like we do with tomatoes to remove the skin. But it seems that all that messing around would take some of the joy from those delicious peaches.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yummmmm! I love peaches, too. But I also have this silly aversion to peach fuzz. I simply cannot bite into a peach with that blasted fuzz on it. So I usually use my filthy pocket knife to peel them before eating. My neighbor says that you can drop peaches into boiling water and then into cold water just like we do with tomatoes to remove the skin. But it seems that all that messing around would take some of the joy from those delicious peaches.
I have the same fuzz aversion! LOL always peal and eat.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
same with the fuzz dislike, but this was reasonable. i have a couple of nectarine trees i'm putting in that i hope will do well too. the tree that gave me the 1 peach i think was Allstar. i'll have to check the tag while out there after lunch.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 2 peach trees this spring, when they flowered i didn't care if they ever produced, they where that pretty. Then they where filled with peaches, something cleaned all off one tree. The other tree I picked 18, boy where they good.Tried to make pie, burned crust !!

Latest posts