Big Show Coming UP Cost Of Dogs

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
ava would win the labrador category..............hands down... please dont bring a rabbit...
DSC_0014 (1).JPG

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our dobie's Mom won best in Show at Expo 86 held in Vancouver B.C. hope I got the year right. Owning a dobie is something else indeed :).
After we were broken into back in 84 we built a stockade type fence around our back yard and in 88? we bought our Dobie Kayla. We weren't interested in showing so we had her spayed but if I remember correctly all her brothers and sisters ended up champions. The breeder called in one day when Kayla was about a year old and she said turning to her husband, we kept the wrong one so who knows how far Kayla would have gone in the show ring.
Kayla spent a lot of time in the house, her exercise was mostly long walks on a leash because she was a bloody terror in my garden, anything she smelt my scent on she'd pull up and play with. I gave up gardening for a year because of her but then the light bulb came on and we put a gate between the house and the gate leading into my garden. It was an old gate salvaged from the old fence we pulled
down.
DSCN4123.JPG

At the time what is now my courtyard garden had our boat stored there with a large gate from the front of the house to the fence so we could let her out for a quick pee without her running out on the street.
In the house she would see her going from room to room dragging her blankie with her or in her kennel sucking on it, she had a gundi teddy bear but she sucked it's nose off, so we gave her a baby blanket, had to wash it every couple of days, talk about stink.
Apparently blankets are a thing with Dobies, we were down visiting the breeder one day and saw Kayla's father dragging a quilt from one of their beds through the kitchen into the living room.
We had Kayla for 11 year when one day I saw her walking funny, we rushed her to the vet only to find out she had developed wobbler's disease. We even had a veterinary surgeon from the mainland look at her, if she had been younger we would have gone for an operation that might or might not of helped her, as it was and she being the age she was we put her on predisone and had her another year. It was a sad day when we had to have her put to sleep. She was part of our family, little buggar that she was. Then came Heidi our little Cairn Terrior, but that's another story, like jumping from the frying pan right into the fire. Now we have a cat.

Annette

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I could look it up, Nyboy, but -- square dancing dropsy right now -- when is the big dog show. Daughter and I were just discussing it this morning. I know it's on or close to Easter, right?

Latest posts