Big UGLY bugs

snewman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I found some big bugs on my potatoes last night. They're black and gray, with a sort of eggplant shaped body with a little round head. They're pretty big, maybe 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch long. How do I get rid of them? Is there something safe to use to spray all of my plants, for multiple pests? I'm kind of on the fence about spraying, but I've put too much work into this garden to let it get chomped now. Any advice would be welcome.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bugs and weeds...frustrating eh? You'd think with a whole world out there that they could find somewhere else to reside, besides ones veggie garden..:rolleyes:

Insecticidal soap is one of the safest types of pesticides for the veggie garden. You can make your own, or buy the commercial product. If you decide to buy, I suggest the concentrate bottle, which you mix as per directions. In the long run it will save you money, over the ready mixed stuff you buy in the spray bottle. Of course with using concentrate you will need your own spray bottle. You may need to use it a few times to discourage the pests, especially after watering.

Good luck!:)

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Recipes please for the insecticide soap. I have a few but they are for roses and houseplants.

Latest posts