bionic gardener

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, my bionics are back in good order. I spent the day at the hospital getting my ICD replaced because of a spent battery. Every thing went well and I was up and on my way home just an hour after the surgery.

You'd think a bionic gardener would be further along with her garden, huh? Actually, I decided to get the replacement now and start my garden later as opposed to starting the garden early and losing control during recuperation.

With all the rain, rain, rain, it turned out to be an easy day to spend listening to music while being carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Now, fast healing, steady increases in temperatures, and good times in the garden.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will be good as new! Glad it went well. Don't rush things...make sure you are 100 percent before you "dig" in.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, Smart Red, but are you talking about a pacemaker? Glad the procedure went well and you are home.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'll be good to go when the season gets a head of steam Red! :)
( I had to google that, I was pretty sure you weren't talking about an Inter Cranial Device.)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure what an ICD is. Promise us you'll take 'er easy for a little while, ok!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to look up ICD myself. Implantable cardiac defibrillator. Wow Red! Take it easy and worry about the garden later. Let DH cook and wait on you hand and foot. A few weeks ought to do it ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Linn, this is a surprise!

We want you to be a well and happy gardener.

Please take good care of yourself.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad things are in order. Take care and soon you will be in the garden again. Heal quickly. :hugs