Blauhide beans

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is my other "little adventure" for this year.

I like to grow something different. So I figured Id give them a try. The description was too good to pass up & Baker creek has yet to let me down.

http://www.rareseeds.com/blauhilde-bean/

Anyway I figured why not. And of course I had to mix them in a bag with my Kentucky Pole beans I'll have a 60ft row of green and purple beans all growing in and amongst one another. Literally randomly planted them (reach in pull a bean out and plant it) so we'll see what happens.

If nothing else it will sure look pretty :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'll probably be able to tell them apart as they grow too. It's likely they'll have darker foliage and red vines.

Reactions: Hal

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's ok it's 1 long trellis. I didn't want to run a 2nd trellis. I have enough other vines that I'm not planning on having climb so was just easier to run 1 long trellis. It's the same number of T posts and at that point I figured let's mix them up for fun. I'll be able to tell the difference at picking which what counts.

I'm not saving seeds though I probably should. I'm trying not to give myself too many projects this year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those beans sound good and they're pretty too.
I had the kids plant some purple podded peas in their garden. I thought they'd be fun to pick.

Reactions: Hal

Latest posts