BLOODY MARY WITH FRESH TOMATO

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My favorite drink (other than a straight up dirty martini :D):

BLOODY MARY WITH FRESH TOMATO

1. TAKE ONE VERY LARGE VINE RIPENED TOMATO; CUT IT INTO ROUGH CHUNKS. (We should all have some of these by now.)
2. PLACE THE CHUNKS IN A GLASS WITH THREE TBSP OF ABSOLUTE PEPPER VODKA.
3. MASH THE MIXTURE BY HAND OR WITH A BUTTER KNIFE.
4. MIX WITH AN IMMERSION BLENDER, KEEPING IT COMPLETELY SUBMERGED. (I WILL BE DOING MINE IN A BLENDER.)
5. PLACE A SIEVE OVER A PLASTIC CONTAINER AND POUR THE MIXTURE THROUGH TO STRAIN OUT THE SEEDS AND SKIN.
6. PUSH THROUGH THE REMAINING LIQUID WITH THE PESTLE.
7. PREPARE AN OLD FASHIONED GLASS WITH A RIM OF SALT AND POUR THE STRAINED MIXTURE. WITH TONGS, PLACE A SINGLE LARGE ICE CUBE IN THE LIQUID.
8. SQUEEZE A SLICE OF LIME INTO THE LIQUID, THEN ADD THE SLICE ITSELF TO THE DIRNK.
9. ADD A GRINDING OF PEPPER AND SERVE WITH FRESH HOME-GROWN CELERY. ;)

I got this recipe from a "Departures" mag I think. I have it cut out and on my fridge, so I can't be sure exactly what mag it came from.

I like to add more ice, hot sauce and a bit of celery salt to my bloody mary...and yes I usually use more vodka too!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BBH -- I think I need to give you some of my fresh tomatoes and home-grown celery! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I prefer margiritas! But... it looks good!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you BBH, but as I said, I will have to give these goodies over to you, as I am firmly in Vfem's camp. I am a margarita kinda gal. :/

Latest posts