Bloody Murder!!!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My hubby brought home a mini excavator this weekend to dig some gravel from the creek to put in the driveway. So when he was down near the creek for a couple of hours this morning I thought that's what he was doing. When I went down to take a look I found out that's NOT what he's doing. He pulled out an old stump, which would have been fine, but then he decided he would clear the whole area and make a spot to put in a small fishing dock. The problem is, that's the area where there was night blooming jasmine. It hadn't bloomed yet this year, so he didn't know what it was and just ripped it all out. When I got upset he said, "I thought it was poison oak." Now it's just a mess of torn up dirt and broken limbs. :hit
He also ripped out 4 dead cedars on the bank in a different spot, without thinking about all of the erosion it was going to cause. It actually looks like he dropped half the bank in the darn creek, there's a chunk about the size of a Volkswagen Bug sitting in the water. I just hope some of the weeds move back in quick, before the next rain comes and washes more of the bank away.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know, I feel your pain! You should see the damage and loss of wildlife we've had on the bank of our pond. Hubby went nuts with the chain saw and truck removing trees and stumps.

If I didn't stop him he was going to pave a loading ramp for his friend's boat trailer right up to the water.

I couldn't slapped him since he dung out a ton of bulbs I had planted there I never got to see home up since. :(

MEN!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
I never complain about a man doing too much work.
It wasn't work, it was wanton destruction! It looks like a bomb went off. Plus, I'm worried about what all of the dirt will do to the creek when it washes in there. The fish have just recently come back after the creek dried up last year and I'd hate to think that the silt will smother them. A fishing dock won't do him much good if all the fish are dead.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was making a bad joke. I hope you are not near town where the EPA might get involved.
The Mama Chicken said:
catjac1975 said:
I never complain about a man doing too much work.
It wasn't work, it was wanton destruction! It looks like a bomb went off. Plus, I'm worried about what all of the dirt will do to the creek when it washes in there. The fish have just recently come back after the creek dried up last year and I'd hate to think that the silt will smother them. A fishing dock won't do him much good if all the fish are dead.