Blue Spruce

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
What is the growth rate of Blue Spruce trees?

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey ticks here is some info I was able to find, and a link to the site that I found it on. Do you have Blue Spruce, or are you planning to get some? Very beautiful trees. My favorite evergreen I think. The great thing is that they grow well almost anywhere.

The growth rate is typically slow, averaging a foot a year, but that can vary from six inches to two feet also. Improved growth rates come from good planting conditions, adequate moisture during the growing season, limited competition from weeds, and a shot of fertilizer a couple times during the year.
Link: http://www.cdr3.com/spruce/sp00002.htm

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have 1 blue spruce. I water it once a week. It seems to be dying though, I do see new needles coming in though! :D

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
YAY that it's growing!! How big is it?

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
about 10-12 inches :p

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
AWW! :weight It's hangin in there!

bunch-a-chickens

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
mines well-drained, not watered, about a foot and a half tall and it's doing great. i figured they were a little more hardy than what you said. hmmmm...

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They do grow slowly no more than 12-18 inches per year in general but they do seem to be very hardy and can take extended dry periods. We bought a planted one for Christmas a few years back and it's grown and takes little care.

True most plants will do better if you tend to them daily, have a strict fertilizing and watering schedule and check for pest and disease.

Latest posts