Books

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm aware that most people don't have my point of veiw on this but too bad. I see books as tools and pleasure. Books are tools of learning and understanding. If someone is illiterate then i see them as uneducated. Okay off my soapbox now ^.^ I've been reading two gardening books and i was wondering if anyone else got anything worth using out of them other than composting material.

The Kitchen Garden by Andi Clevely
Mini Farming by Brett L. Markham

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not read those, but I do love a good gardening book. I picked up "Four Season Harvest" by Elliot Coleman not too long ago, and thought it had a lot of good info in it.
It is amazing that so many books have nothing new in them. I know gardening is not a new idea, but one would think some new techniques would come about. I guess there are only so many ways to "skin a cat" as they say.

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the mini farming book so far. In theory it would save money, time, and water. Markham uses it on bis mini farm and thats where the book sprouted so to speak. i got them at my library and will have to renew the checkout so i can write some of it down

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love books!!!! I like reading about other gardeners gardens. Not to long a ago did a thread on the book The $65 Tomato. have a whole book case on garden books love to collected them at flea markets and yard sales

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It could be this thread, @ChickenMomma91 . Tell us, if you'd like.

So often it's the beginning gardening techniques which are gone over endlessly. Mostly, it's the pictures that are featured, I guess. The most recent "gardening book" I've read must be Grocery Gardening : planting, preparing and preserving fresh food. Easy reading and something of an introduction to seasonal foods. One of the authors, Robin Ripley, has a new book on home food preserving.

I had an author recommended to me recently and rather than read a novel, I decide to read 1 of her short stories. So, I found her name with something like 20 others in a new ebook from the library.

These tablets are supposed to be special for book reading. I suppose so. I read very little fiction and have been disappointed in what has been available in nonfiction. Anyway, I'm still unfamiliar with using a tablet for that purpose. After reading that 1 short story, I took the book out of the "carousel." That turned out to be the same as dropping it in the book return! Never had a chance to read a 2nd story from it ...

:\ Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a kindle paper white before Christmas, and I confess I haven't used it very much. It is not compatible with the e-books system that my library uses, so the choices are pretty limited. I did find a site for free books, and Amazon offers some free, but not the new ones. I don't know....I just like the feel of a real book.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've never read Mini Farming, but that is one I would definitely be interested in.

Latest posts