Broccoli

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well I had the urge to put a darn seed in some dirt so I took a few broccoli seeds and planted them in a container. I then took a soda bottle and cut the top half off and stuck that over the container and wouldn't you know, only a few days later, I have 3 sprouts! How large should I let them get before moving them to their own containers?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
First true leaves anyway, SoyBean.

Do you have enough room for 3 broccoli plants in a sunny window??

Steve

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a sunny window upstairs that will soon become available for a few potted plants. What I'm wondering though is will the plants receive enough light from sunlight that is filtered through glass? The 3 little plants are doing well last time I checked. I haven't been home in 3 days so I will have to check on them as soon as I get home today. The last time I saw them they were about 2 inches tall and had one set of leaves, so they didn't have their true leaves yet.

These look like they are going to do the same thing the other broccoli seedlings did this past season. They grew to about 4 inches tall but were not growing much past that. Put out a few sets of true leaves and eventually stopped growing.

I have no way of growing things in the ground until my husband and I buy our own house (could be a year or two) so I'm restricted to container gardening.

Latest posts