Brown spots on Oregano

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is it localized to just that one branch. I am not sure if it is a problem or if it just transplant stress but if it just the one place you may want to consider pruning the branch. Oregano is pretty easy if your chickens don't eat it like my did for the first three years I was growing it. Now mine looks pretty good.

Dawn05

Sprout
Reaction score
thanks for reply ...
No it is not localized , it is on almost all leaves . I am just keeping it happy as much as possible ..lets see how it goes :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like a fungal or bacterial infection to me. Make sure it's getting good air circulation and you aren't getting the leaves wet when you water.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I was laughing that you said "Trying" to grow oregano. Mine grows like a weed!! I have lifted some and put it my vegetable beds to cover and help keep down weeds with it. I agree--watch your watering. In fact I NEVER water my oregano and it bushes and takes over my herb garden every year. It is much more prolific than my Bee's Balm, and that doesn't spread to the lawn bc it's right next to a cement garden border.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't be sure without seeing the leaves but it looks to me like insect damage, either thrips or caterpillars so small they can't chew all the way through the leaf and are feeding on only the bottom layer. I wouldn't worry too much unless a lot of leaves are dying off. Natural enemies and change of season will probably take care of it.

Latest posts