Bug identity please?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've never seen them in huge groups... usually I will come across one or 2 and dispatch them. Maybe its the timing that there are so many out there. Glad they decided your weeds/wildflowers looked better then your veggie crops!!!!

But everyone had excellent suggestions for you situation. I'd go with the blowtorch method! :lol:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The farther South you go the worse they get. They love plants that are stressed by heat and drought.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I've never seen them in huge groups... usually I will come across one or 2 and dispatch them. Maybe its the timing that there are so many out there. Glad they decided your weeds/wildflowers looked better then your veggie crops!!!!

But everyone had excellent suggestions for you situation. I'd go with the blowtorch method! :lol:
One of the propane "torch" weeders is on my wish list, but even if I had one now, we are in (the whole state) severe (us) to exceptional (almost biblical) drought, I could not have used it.

Riverman, I almost never spray or use any "icide", my preferred method is squish or drown, which I would have used on these except for the whole toxic bug juices released giving bad skin rashes and pain.

Latest posts