Building Blocks for Homes?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I don't mean concrete, altho I am a fan of that building material.

How about pre-fab? Why aren't affordable homes built more like the way we did it as kids ;)?

zbuilding.png
I don't see why it couldn't be put together with even an "open floorplan" that is so common these days. Interior walls wouldn't be constructed the same as exterior walls. Our recent penchant for multiple roof gables could be accommodated.

Assemble elsewhere, move to site, install over a foundation.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That post isn't very clear.

I meant the blocks to signify a view of the rooms from above. Each could be a room so the interior of the block is empty space. And, isn't that what are buildings are - simply enclosed space?

zblocks.png

Multiple stories - why not? Support walls would have to accommodate and roofs would best not be completely flat. Rooms built elsewhere, moved to the site. Stacked together. Sealed against the outside elements.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I liked to play with Lincoln Logs when I was a kid. Just kidding... actually not kidding, because I did play with Lincoln Logs.

But I see where your going in standardization and consistently. Easier to build that way, less time = less cost.. I've seen this kind of thing be done with shipping container homes both horizontal and vertical so some degree.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸