Bummer...no blue potatoes

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lnm03 said:
I just ordered Goldrush Russet,Kennebec, Georgia Jet Sweet, Yukon Gold, Red Pontiac from www.eburgess.com earlier this week I didnt check on the blue but its worth a shot! hope you find some!
I've decided to just wait till next year and order earlier. Burgess seems to have Blues but for $3.99 worth of potatoes they want $10 s&H....I don't think so! lol
We'll have plenty of other suff this year, I'm sure the DGD won't even miss the colored potatoes.
Thanks any way guys!

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
setter4--Do you have any good organic stores by you? I say organic since they wouldn't have been treated to not sprout. If you do and they carry blue potatoes, you can use them. AFAIK, there would not be a difference between organic eating potatoes and organic seed potatoes. After all, that's how people have been planting potatoes for millenia!

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
setter4--Do you have any good organic stores by you? I say organic since they wouldn't have been treated to not sprout. If you do and they carry blue potatoes, you can use them. AFAIK, there would not be a difference between organic eating potatoes and organic seed potatoes. After all, that's how people have been planting potatoes for millenia!
Hmmm....my step son works at Whole Foods...wonder if they have any? I will e mail him right now! Thanks for the idea.

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought some organic Russian fingerlings last year at the grocery store last year. They started sprouting before I could eat them, so I popped them in the ground.
They grew very well.