Burt Wolf & Me ;) - the Tomato

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just watched Burt Wolf: What We Eat, "Time to Play Ketchup: The Story of the Tomato" (click)

I saw it before but this is soooo the right time for a show about tomatoes! You can check the schedule for the show in your area by clicking the link above & entering your zip code :).

While you are waiting for the show & if you've got 4min -- The show reminded me (and OldGuy reminded me) of a YouTube video I put together last year! I had it linked on here before but here is where you can just watch it from TEG. It is just photo's and music and just for fun! Unlike Burt's show, you won't learn a thing ;).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta8i47cLuu8[/youtube]

:) Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My goodness you are talented! Now I am really anxious to get int he garden. *sigh* months away. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Carol Dee! Growing Seasons and non-Growing Seasons are like 2 different universes for me :p.

YouTube isn't very difficult for something like this -- with Picasa ;). Picasa is free from Google and it just offers to make a "movie" for you. You line up some pictures and it will upload them to the Picasa gallery.

Let's see. I think I waited until I moved the "movie" to YouTube and they asked me for audio. The song was already on YouTube. It was just a matter of telling them where it was & that I wanted it.

Often, there is nothing I'm interested in on teevee and if I am, I'm reading it anyway because of deafness. So, I read internet news stories and, once in awhile, play. I am very lucky that I can communicate with written words here . . . (& with my kids with text messaging ;)).

Steve

edited to say: i'm also lucky that Nifty allows us to use this forum, to post pictures (even providing us with a TEG gallery :)), and to post something from youtube! he's the guy who decides what we can put here. things like colored text, Nifty allows. he has programed this forum for certain things. until OG posted a video, i hadn't even expected that :)! maybe after awhile, i can come up with an idea for actually making something that's informational ;).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I enjoyed that very much! I only wished it had more pictures. ;) Did you take those pictures yourself? The one with the cherry tomatoes was amazing and so was the one with the perfect red tomatoe. Was that a Stiletz? Also, the one with the tomatoe plants was very calming and soothing.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Mary.

You picked the ones that I had nothing to do with. Didn't you like the tomatoes with the sweet corn ?? :/?

No. See the beauty of the internet is that cooperative extension puts all these pictures on there. I pay no attention to any copyright for a land-grant university, non-research webpage. It is where all my pictures come from . . . just kidding :cool:.

My evolution as a p'otographer hasn't gone very far! There's testimony to that on TEG :rolleyes:. And, if you think I don't take a very good picture -- you should hear me sing!

The "calming" tomato patch looks like it very well could have been around here but I don't remember now. Think it's from northern California.

Steve :)

Latest posts