BUSY time of year for HARVESTINT

Liberty7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The 200 stalks of sweet corn I planted are ready. We eat this ULTRA DELICIOUS corn EVERY day; but, I still have a LOT to put up!

My '36' tomato plants were very late this year; but, N O W they're turning RED, and I'm SUPER BUSY squeezing the juice and seeds out and chopping them to put in vacuum-freezer bags. I feel I get better use out of the tomatoes by freezing them in a big dice for use in soups and stews in the winter. Howerver, if I want to make a tomato sauce, all I have to do is run them through a blender and add spices.

Every two days, I'm picking a bushel of green beans from my pole beans which I freeze.

I just had an 8" x 3" plot of onions, and I got 109 onions out of it.

I'm STILL getting yellow squash, cucumbers, and sweet peppers.

It was a while back that I cut off the HUGE heads of broccoli from my 30 broccoli plants; but, I'm STILL getting L O T S to freeze from the individual broccoli stems coming up.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! You will be stocked up for the winter! I am kind of looking forward to having my dining room table back- it has been covered with food processing items for weeks!! Baskets of tomatoes, canning supplies, etc!! Still, it is a good feeling to know you are prepared with lots of nutritious foods! Enjoy!

Latest posts