Butternut Squash

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is my Butternut.
Any tricks or tips to get more Squash out of it?
Last year I had some in the back but got little from them. Not much sun back there for them. I thought out were I have them they will get much more sun.

Thanks for any ideas you may share with me.

Butternut.jpg

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yummmm, butternut squash.. any favorite way to fix it? I had zuchini this year, and we split them, brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil flakes, and grilled... oh my...best food ever. If I remember right, my aunt used to use butter nut squash for pie filling similar to pumpkin

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
yummmm, butternut squash.. any favorite way to fix it? I had zuchini this year, and we split them, brushed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil flakes, and grilled... oh my...best food ever. If I remember right, my aunt used to use butter nut squash for pie filling similar to pumpkin
I like to bake them with a little brown sugar and butter.
DW (Eby) just likes them baked with butter.

Broke Down Ranch said:
Wow, Joe those are beautiful!! We'll make a veggie gardener out of you yet
I am growing more then have in the past but I have been growing this butternut for a few years now. The seed came from a store bought squash. I just picked a hand full of beans from out front a while ago.
I don't mark them so they are either Blackeyed peas or Lentil beans. I picked them early so they will be tender.

Can I stir fry them? Say like a little onion, garlic, and olive oil?

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
4grandbabies said:
I like to bake them with a little brown sugar and butter.
DW (Eby) just likes them baked with butter.

Broke Down Ranch said:
Wow, Joe those are beautiful!! We'll make a veggie gardener out of you yet
I am growing more then have in the past but I have been growing this butternut for a few years now. The seed came from a store bought squash. I just picked a hand full of beans from out front a while ago.
I don't mark them so they are either Blackeyed peas or Lentil beans. I picked them early so they will be tender.

Can I stir fry them? Say like a little onion, garlic, and olive oil?
What? The beans? Or the squash? Actually, you could do both! Throw in some shredded cabbage and a couple dashes of soy sauce (not much!) and some shredded chicken then you have just created one of my very most favorite dishes ever! :drool

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was talking about the beans.
I know they are used as dry beans but I thought I rather have them fresh.
Thanks for the ideas.

Joe