Buy Compost Ingredients?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother is 62 years old. He works at a stand up job, no physical labor. I was telling him about some nutritional products DS and I were going to start taking and that DD had taken them while pregnant and I thought it gave her a lot of energy and one day she walked from her job to her inlaw's house and DB asked how far was that? I said 2 miles. He said I don't care if she was pregnant or not, walking 2 miles is NOTHING to brag about and if you do think it is then there IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. He said he walked 10 miles after work one day with hills just to get some exercise. I want to walk 10 miles to prove to him I could, which I can't right now lol, and TWO miles would be something for me to brag about, but I cannot see wasting all that time walking 10 miles.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
There is rabbit poo in there, but I don't think it got enough moisture. I am going to try to get at least one pile hot.
I think that you need to get it wet, like YOU said, BUT you have to turn the piles to speed it up. Otherwise, time will break it down. I have SO MANY piles that are breaking down, and when I planted my trees Saturday I took the wheelbarrow over to where I had dumped from my shelter last Fall where most of it was already broken down Then, and now it is well rotted. Sorry!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother is 62 years old. He works at a stand up job, no physical labor. I was telling him about some nutritional products DS and I were going to start taking and that DD had taken them while pregnant and I thought it gave her a lot of energy and one day she walked from her job to her inlaw's house and DB asked how far was that? I said 2 miles. He said I don't care if she was pregnant or not, walking 2 miles is NOTHING to brag about and if you do think it is then there IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. He said he walked 10 miles after work one day with hills just to get some exercise. I want to walk 10 miles to prove to him I could, which I can't right now lol, and TWO miles would be something for me to brag about, but I cannot see wasting all that time walking 10 miles.

if you work up to it walking 3-4 miles per hour is pretty fast. :)

1-2 miles is enough for me for now, several years ago we'd walk 3 miles several times a week in the off-season - if i'm lucky i'll get up to that again some day. once gardening starts i need all my time/energy to go towards those tasks.

10-12 miles, i've done on the Appalachian Trail in eastern TN for day hikes. the through hikers would comment to me that it was a pretty tough stretch. here the most i've done is 6 miles (to go visit the beefalos one day - not something i've done since).

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother and I had to walk when we were younger. Our parents were blind so no car until I was old enough to drive. We had to depend on other people, so we walked a lot. We also raised greyhounds and they had to be walked and exercised daily. I was told if you walk a dog 5 miles a day he would get in shape, so the trainer would be walking too. I would assume that it would do somebody like me right now a world of good to walk 5 miles a day.

Latest posts