Came over from BYC...In western Pa

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi there!

I just joined today via link from BYC. I really came over just to find out if I should put onions, shallots and garlic in their own bed...but darnit, this is just as addictive as the chicken forum!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi and WELCOME!!!!!

:welcome

Feel free to use the search option at the top and I bet you will find a world of wealth and knowledge here. We've talked about garlic and onions quite a bit.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! I am actually using onions for their companion planting properties. I have them all over my veggie garden (wherever I could squeeze one in!) None of those things need to be in their own bed- though they could be. Rotational planting always seems to be the best. Garlic gets planted in the late fall- so it has it's own row.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!

I was at TSC getting feed the other day and garlic was marked down to .49 so I had to buy it and give it a try. The package said plant early spring I figured I'd just be a little late.....I guess I'm several months too late! lol

Anyway, I dug a new bed yesterday, in the shade since my broccoli is getting too hot where it is now. (full sun) I'm looking forward to finding out what else I can plant now!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A little late or a little early depending on your outlook. I'm another gardener that just tucks green onions into odd corners.
My experience with garlic is that if conditions aren't right when you plant it, it will just wait for the right time and come up then. Garlic is one of those plants that knows what to do by itself.

hughmac312

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi,

Jen and I came over from the Chicken Site.

We are in Lower Allerbammer, LA, Theodore to be exact.

Great sites I look forward to learning from you all.

Hugh

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you could grow lemons and olives in Allbama.
OK. Now I get it, Louisiana. Guess I had a senior moment there. :/

Latest posts