camelia flower-any idea of the name?

dinahmoe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
i have another plant that i found around our new place.i cut every thing down whan we moved in becuase they were up against the house.well,they come back and are now blooming.i guess i will shape them up when the time comes and leave them be.
i think they are camelias.it is a bush with shiny leaves and the flowers have no smaell.they are pink with a purple trim.i couldn't get a good pic of the purple but it is there.
41488_dscn0042_800x600.jpg

41488_dscn0044_800x600.jpg

41488_dscn0046_800x600.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would call it "beautiful"! Wow, sometimes I am really sorry I am in zone 4!

dinahmoe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
thanks,
i kinda feel bad for cutting them down but they all came back anyway,might have done them some good.it is a pretty plant right at the front door.it really doesn't have enough room so i am going to have to keep it on the smaller side.my little girl loves them because it is her 2 favorite colors but she can't understand why a flower has no smell.lol

dinahmoe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
just found out i can get clippings and grow some more since this was the only one.wish me luck on this project and thanks for everyones comments.

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Beautiful! I just bought 4 of those for our yard. From what people tell me (at least in my zone), they grow slowly, but get very large!

It seems every little old Southern lady I know has a giant Camelia in her yard..

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not sure the variety, but it is a Camelia japonica. I don't have any on this new property, but htey are a welcome friend in winter.....hmmmmm. Gotta get one.

Latest posts