Can You See This?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like J.R. . . . But does this little symbol come thru on your monitor?

؟

؟

It is the funniest thing! The first one, I put in bold brackets. They both look the same to me. It is very difficult for me to select the symbol with the cursor. Trying backspace to delete it, doesn't always work! I can't get to the left of it and yet, clicking enter will move it down a line. It is like some kind of phantom mark . . .

؟

I can't see how it could possibly be anything other than a symbol . . . but, you should probably go ahead and destroy your monitor now that you have seen it!

Steve's digitS'
؟

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I can't see how it could possibly be anything other than a symbol . . . but, you should probably go ahead and destroy your monitor now that you have seen it!

Steve's digitS'
؟
Hold on! That symbol has NOTHING to do with New World Order or Area 51 or Global Intellegence! Trust me. I would know.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is odd that when I press down on the "ALT" key and type 1567 here, I get this:

When I press down on the "ALT" key and type 1567 on my "Sticky Note" program I get this:

؟

(which I can copy and paste here.)

I am too tired & sleepy to make sense of the world . . .

d'S'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so weird Steve! Not your strange punctuation mark, but the fact that my son was telling me about it last night...

He said it's to indicate irony or sarcasm.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, do you know a site to go to that explains all the weird buttons on a keyboard? and the stuff like alt and some letter or number? Or are you just bored and experimenting with it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bored & experimenting gets me nowhere, So Lucky. Being systematic might but . . . I'd get too bored.

I've long used this:

www.theworldofstuff.com/characters

The "ALT" keystrokes don't all work on TEG but most of them do ;). Alt+248 = . Otherwise, I'd have to fiddle around and copy it from the word processor or somewhere else. I'm always using that one. As for example:

It was 38.1F in my big veggie garden this morning!!! Yeah, it was! Supposed to only get down to 42 (Alt+248)! Of course, I can just look our my window and see dew on nearby roofs. Then, a walk out to the driveway to check for frost on the pickup (why do vehicles attract frost?) But, then it's back to here for all the Wunderground.com rapid-fire temperatures most everywhere, hereabouts. I'm sure the eggplant is happy under the carport roof but along with the peppers, they are all lined up to go out in the garden tomorrow.

digitS'
smilieinhamock.gif

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, thanks for telling us about the degree sign. I always wondered how you did it. Now I don't have to type it out.

Mary