Canning list for 2014

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just went down to my cellar to see what I need to replenish this year. I didn't realize how little I had left down there!

Tomato juice
Tomato sauce
Tomatoes with roasted green chilies
Corn salsa
Cucumber salsa
Sauerkraut
Potatoes
Pickled peppers
Dilly beans
Dill pickles
Dill spears
Cowboy candy
Sliced green beans
Raspberry jam
Triple berry jam
Plum jelly
Venison vegetable soup
Chicken noodle soup

I don't even think that's all of it. I have a lot of work ahead of me....:th

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! :drool

I need to go do inventory too. This winter I sat down and tried to think of everything that we like to eat and how much of it I thought we'd use, then I tried to plant my garden with those goals in mind. And a few extra, just in case. We're totally hooked on those candied jalapenos now and keep finding new ways to use them, so I plan to can up tons of them this year!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a good handle on my canned stuff. I need everything except green beans and sweet pickles, and I will can more green beans. I'll not run out of them.

I need to go through the freezer and see what I have in there. I'm always surprised at how much is left over in there.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cowboy Candy?
rkY6kT5jgL_s6q1o6aEsmyFTq18_kwgpU8BYuymHQQlNoF8_j5Wgea4AQs-7RJbOb5MBTGhlcasx2UNvQztbRq9d_jMliQH9qTIgrQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've been trying to do the same thing and plant heavier to hopefully get ahead on certain things to give us some flexibility in some years.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My garden is small, but I pull a lot out of it. We eat all we can and I can, dehydrate or freeze the rest. I buy okra and peas, because there is not enough room to grow them. I would love to have a big enough garden so that I could can enough to have an "inventory list!" :thumbsup

Latest posts