Canning recipes x2 winners

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made both of these and have sampled both of them.

They came out great and I figured I should share them.

The first was apple scrap jelly. http://www.food.com/recipe/apple-core-and-peeling-jelly-99636?photo=103963

Started peeling apples for baby food and saved the cores and peels for this recipe. I found it last year after making apple sauce and saved it for this year.

You take the cores and peels to make apple juice then make jelly from that. The one thing I did differently was I used Apple juice instead of water when it says to add water if necessary. I was 3/4 of a cup shy so Motts to the rescue. I did not add food coloring either. It's pretty enough it's own. I brought it to a boil then turned it back so it was gently rolling covered it with the kid and let it work.

Apples have their own natural pectin and if you were really serious you can keep cooking it down till you had sheeting but I didn't want to take the time to do that. Has good Apple flavor that isn't too sweet. This is Christmas gifts this year. For my costs I couldn't pass it up. I'm certainly glad I didn't.

The other one is Chocolate raspberry sundae topping from Ball.

http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/chocolate-raspberry-sauce

This one is a definite Christmas gift recipe too. I tried it with leftover strawberries and cocoa powder I had around and it's VERY good. I figured give it a go that way and see before I invest much into this recipe. The next batch is going to be dark chocolate raspberry topping after I found dark chocolate cocoa powder at the store.

Both recipes were very easy, and made a lot so they are good for gifting.

Happy canning

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did not add food coloring either. It's pretty enough it's own. I brought it to a boil then turned it back so it was gently rolling covered it with the kid and let it work.

Which kid do you use for this recipe Jared? I have access to different sizes, and just wondered which one works best. Also does male or female affect the finished product?

Latest posts