Canning well under way, pic of what I have so far!

Merelyatheory

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I plan on canning like Y2K is right around the bend. I over planted by a wide margin. My mom is willing to pass on her wisdom and I am lucky for that. I remember helping her when I was younger but with the hot nature of the job i was pretty much the button watcher. I could go for a jar of pickled green tomatoes. I can wait until I crack open my first jar of salsa.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Would you be kind enough to tell us what you've canned, starting from the top shelf down? I don't know what some of them are.

Thanks!
Sure, top shelf from left to right, three rows from front to back of canned boston baked beans made in pressure cooker, 2 rows chicken, made in pressure cooker, 2 rows beef, pressure cooker. Next shelf down left to right, 4 rows green and wax beans, pressure cooker, 2 rows dill pickles, water bath, 2 rows bread and butter pickles, water bath.. Next shelf down, row of quart jars are whole tomatoes, water bath, pint jars, stewed tomatoes, water bath... next row down, quart jars are pickled beets, pressure cooker, and all those whitish pint jars are sweet white corn, pressure cooker... about 190 jars total and many more to go, I will finish filling this bay of shelves and try to fill the next set of shelves to the right of it before the end of fall harvest... :D

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wow, I am so jealous. I just canned for the first time this year. Our fig tree has produced a lot this year, so I made some fig preserves. I am expecting another big bunch to ripen within the next day or two, so I think I am going to do some more canning. I had fun with it. I want to buy a pressure cooker so I can do a larger variety of food.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
popsgumdrop said:
Wow, I am so jealous. I just canned for the first time this year. Our fig tree has produced a lot this year, so I made some fig preserves. I am expecting another big bunch to ripen within the next day or two, so I think I am going to do some more canning. I had fun with it. I want to buy a pressure cooker so I can do a larger variety of food.
Please give me the fig preserve recipe!!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Thank you! I've never made most of those products that you've canned up. I'm envious of your talent.
No talent here, just a bit of research on you tube, an urge to store food, and a want for garden fresh veggies year round, and a like for the idea of going in the basement to do my grocery shopping instead of going to a mega store full of processed garbage that is full of chemicals and sugars that make you overweight and lazy. :D

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
trunkman said:
popsgumdrop said:
Please give me the fig preserve recipe!!
Sure Truckman, I am at work right now. When I get home I'll post it for ya.

Latest posts