Can't wait to get started!

luvsdirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planted the lettuce today(with 3 year old grandson's help) Expecting shipment of onion plants tomorrow from Dixondale Farms. It's sooo hard to keep from getting started too early...lots of cold weather left! :tools

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am getting anxious too. I went to Zanesville yesterday just to see what walmart had (which wasn't much). I also thinned out my onions by moving them into their own separate seed pods (yes that was very much busy work) and I transplanted my cucumber's that I am growing in pots into their own pots. But at least I got enough dirt under my nails to distract me. I am trying to decide if I want to start tomatoes (which I know is too early). There's a chance of snow again tomorrow.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We're expecting onion plants from Dixondale this week as well. We've also put out sets to harvest as Spring Onions.

We were at a Lowe's last weekend, although not garden shopping. But we checked out the seeds anyway. I was surprised to find Golden Beets and Rainbow Swiss Chard. Also they had a much better selection of leaf lettuces than expected, even some red butterhead varieties!

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got the fever as well. Yesterday my DD and I planted 2 trays of onion seeds, 30 cabbage, and 48 brocolli. They are sitting beside my wood burning stove for sprouting. Next weekend we will be starting our tomatoes and peppers.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my yes!
It's actually sunny here in Oregon today, but cold. I'm going to prune and rake.

Good thing we got the greenhouse ressurected! At least I can get going in there.

If you have got good weather where you are at, I encourage you to rake your beds and prep soils.