Car Accident

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last evening our daughter -in- law together with our Grandson #2 & Granddaughter # 2 was broadsided by a guy that ran a RED LIGHT. :barnie Less than a month old Kia SUV has major damages and may be totaled depending on what the repair shop and insurance co. determines, :idunno however all of the air bags and seat belts worked like a charm and no one was hurt, just a few sore muscles. :celebrate

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great no one was hurt. Hope they took ride to hospital and that driver has insurance. I'd make them replace the car as having accident on title will hurt resale value.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad no one was seriously hurt. I'm getting to the point where I don't like to drive at night on long trips. I don't trust other drivers.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So glad everyone was OK!!, still a hard thing to go through.

A dad and his young daughter were just killed here, in that type of crash. A young driver not paying attention. Very sad.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, what a blessing that the airbags and other safety devices worked, and were available! It is very traumatic to be in a crash like that. Your DIL may have issues driving again, or your grandson may have fears of being slammed again. I hope you will encourage them to get help if it doesn't resolve on its own.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank God! That nobody was hurt is a blessing beyond measure. I've seen cars in broadsiding accidents -- knew associates who weren't so lucky.

As we told Dew, make sure there is no 'hidden' damage along with the sore muscles from the accident. Sometimes the body has delayed reactions so such trauma.

Give those special grandchildren a gentle hug from me and know that I rejoice with your family that something that could have been so terrible can become an interesting family story in the future.

Latest posts