Carefree, Arizona

hermeneutics

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a new gardener from Carefree, AZ -- north of Phoenix; 2500 ft in elevation, not quite low or high desert. With enough water, it is possible to grow almost everything in the desert.

My tomatoes are going into the ground in one week to join the peppers, lettuce, onions and parsley.

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome! I can't even get to my garden area. It's either under snow or muddy. I'm confessing my jealousy for all who are working in the gardens already!

hermeneutics

Sprout
Reaction score
I would do almost anything to live in Idaho, but yes ... we've got two growing seasons and two "winters" during which few things grow. Summer, here, is like winter for Idahoans. Almost all vegetables go dormant or die and we're stuck inside.

Seriously, I'm going to sell this place and move to Idaho, Colorado or, maybe, Texas. Can't wait.

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, OHIO here.I started seeds under grow lights in my basement.I can't wait for spring to get here.I've got spring fever already.The past fews days have been nice,in the 60's....that's not going to last though,it's suppose to snow tomorrow. The last of the big snow we had a couple of weeks ago has melted,we can see the ground again, but not for long! I am tired of winter.....:he

Latest posts