Casualty!!!!

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today i was watering all my orchids. i had a new one i had propagated from a larger plant and a small one that i had rescued a while back sitting in a small tub of water for a good soak for a few minutes. it had been doing sooo good! i was dragging the waterhose by and it slithered over in to some flowers so i flipped it to get it out of the flowers real quick and i guess i overcorrected or something and it knocked my little rescue orchid over!!!! it just snapped it off! is there any chance that it may come out from the roots? what about the leaves they are still attached to the "stem", not rootable i suspect.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beefy, it seems your "rescue" went home with the wrong rescuer!!! Boy howdy, was that bad luck to wallop your new little one.

I'm not sure about what will happen growth-wise. Why don't you keep nurturing it and see what happens. It would be interesting to find out if orchids can regenerate after, say, falling out of the rainforest tree... That kind of thing must happen once in a while in nature.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i feel really bad about it. i dont think it will come out from the root. but who knows, it would have parched in teh full sun a long time ago. as fate would have it i went to another lowe's today and there was a rack full of clearance orchids. i got 4 for one dollar each. intervention?