Cat grass

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, is anyone else growing cat grass for your cat?

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I buy special seeds for cats. Most often there is oats. I planted, the cat loves it. At the pet store selling catnip and corn germ. This is my cat does not eat.
But this striped booby reached my Adenium, nibbled leaf and came to the clinic.
112.gif
I think he has a runny nose. But the vet thought that he had fluid in the lungs. He made his X-rays, shaved hair on the abdomen and stomach stabbed needle. but the liquid did not go. It was not there! The poor cat was trying to hide under my clothes. When I brought it into the house, he immediately recovered with joy. And only then I noticed that the poison leaf nibbling. Since then, the cat eat oats and does not eat my flowers.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Most of the time 'cat grass' is either oats or wheat grass. I've grown oats, or I grab some grass while I'm outside for them to nibble on. I also have catnip growing all over. I cut and dry it for them and give them some fresh.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the oats growing, but inside because it's a blizzard this weekend

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF cats can get outside, they will eat grass when they need to, but, if, like my grand daughter's cat, he never gets to go outside, a cat needs to be able to eat a little grass occasionally. Oats are great. I wish I could get my grand daughter to grow oats for her cat, but she doesn't. And then she wonders why the cat eats string and thread.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lucky thats very interesting. My friend had a large Vet bill when her cat needed surgery. It had swallowed a sewing needle and thread.
Oh, I'd imagine so. I'm lucky it costs us nothing for most pet things