CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Broccoli, califlower, Brussels, 3 rows of onions and what's left of a row of red romaine sowed last fall ๐Ÿ˜ waiting for overcast day to set out tomatoes.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I should probably have waited for good timing like you are, but I couldn't help myself and I planted all the tomatoes today.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yep I was right... Grand daughters found new chicken coop floor and proceeded to make it a stage. Show ended when mosquitoes came out ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20230529_193911689~2.jpg

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My daughter would totaaaaallly grab a stick for a microphone and belt out a few tunes. She's starting singing lessons wednesday because she loves to sing so much.

They made up a songs, danced and did cartwheels. Watching them do cartwheels kind of makes me cringe...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
IF you still can, staple in hardware cloth. I Immediately thought of how 2x my chicken flocks were each killed by a weasel. My chain link dog fencing and netting kept away owls, hawks, dogs, coywolves, but a weasel can sneak in those holes. I need to amend my run before I get any more birds.
I tt a gentleman that raises pheasant. He has 5 buildings and you can see male pheasant perching on top of the inside of a 3 ft tall solid barrier when you drive by. (I suppose they are "yearning to be free.")
Still, I met him at local restaurant and he told me how a mink got in through a fist sized hole a killed about 30 of his birds.
You can always dig a trench and put the hardware cloth on the outside and bury it about 6 inches down.
I have thought about using the last of the barbed wire, bought when we were repairing 40 yr cattle fencing before we bought pipe horse fencing. If I bury hardware cloth I will lay the barbed wire at the bottom of the hole to discourage vermin.
You know, EVERYBODY LOVES CHICKEN!!

Latest posts