Celebration has begun

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also enjoy shooting off fireworks, but never at city Jhouse. Country house has large pond that we shoot over.
How large is large and what about your thick maple forest ?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spend the evening of the 4th with drugged dogs. :(
I love fireworks.. Rosie and Gililgan don't. Unfortunately, I have a neighbor who also loves fireworks and will shoot them off until way into the early morning.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday about 9PM one of our neighbors started to join the revelution by setting off fireworks. Their young boys ( my everyday #1 helpers ) were running around with sparklers, :cool: then about every 5 minutes for an hour he set off fireworks in the middle of our cul- de- sac with the blast that was just as loud as a CANON . :eek:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to set off fireworks at our old house in Fairfield. We have not set them off here though as we are in the woods. But I took a walk around the local woods yesterday and things are still really green out there not dry yet. There is a thick layer of dry pine needles though that could ignite. I was thinking about getting some piccolo Petes to stick in rodent holes and drive them out lol.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob to me pond is big it is about a acre around 4 feet deep. The maples are several more acres on other side of pond. I feel very safe about shooting off fireworks

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got it dun!

The gutter cleaning, that is. Full to overflowing with tinder dry tree stuff. Made a complete mess of the side yard trying to drop that trash in a big bucket from the ladder with 20mph wind gusts.

Hosing the last of it out didn't work quite as I had hoped when the downspout plugged. Augerred that out with some effort. Clean as a whistle!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fireworks are going off all around us. Our female Great Pyrenees, Paris, is in the back yard, holed up in her dog cave. Our male Great Pyrenees, Trip, is in the house with us, laying on the floor (he is NOT a house dog). Our other 2 dogs, Parker and Polly are spoiled house dogs. All hate fireworks. The sheep and horses don't care.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well folks, in our small town, there was a major CELEBRATION :celebrate :weee:clap:ya of our Independence. Since the bleeding hearts in Vancouver, Wa. declared a moratorium of private fireworks, their citizens flocked here to CELEBRATE WITH GREAT GUSTO !!!:celebrate :weee :clap There were at least 50 friends and relatives of our neighbors that decended onto our cul de sac and they braught their stashes of fireworks and set them off with HUGE BANGS . At midnight the fireworks debri ( enough to fill a dumpster ) was picked up then doused with water from hoses. Everywhere you looked the sky was lit up with fireworks and the LOUD sounds of cannon fire. It seems that the entire population of Vancouver came here with their fireworks stashes and joined in the merriment. :thumbsup . There were NO reports of fires or injuries due to fireworks. Not even any peeps from the all knowing news reporters this morning. So there :tongue :plbb Vancouver !!! On the flip side ( I talked to our daughter and son who live in Fresno, Cal. via phone ) the bleeding heart powers had BANNED all firewoks and had all police and sherriff's helicoptors flying overhead for the last week and for the next week looking for "illegal fireworks " being set off and radioing the locations to squad cars to issue tickets from hundreds and into the thousand $$$ on everything over sparklers . Smacks of POLICE STATE ? :( :duc

Latest posts