check out my coleus (and goats and cows and chickens )

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
picture4624.jpg

picture4626.jpg

picture4627.jpg

picture4631.jpg

picture4633.jpg

picture4634.jpg

picture4665.jpg

picture4655.jpg

picture4653.jpg

picture4619.jpg

picture4650.jpg

picture4647.jpg

picture4649.jpg

picture4645.jpg

picture4641.jpg

picture4637.jpg

picture4644.jpg

picture4688.jpg

picture4676.jpg

picture4672.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lovely assortment of animals you have! Aren't you lucky! The critters all look so content and healthy- your coleus are beautiful too! I always plant a few, but they don't seem to love Upstate NY weather- they never really take off...Enjoy your piece of paradise!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, gorgeous! That must be the life. Thank you for sharing. :clap

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW! thats amazing! I wish i could have all that one day. I especially love that last picture with the white and light brown cow, very beautiful cow i must say.

Looks GREAT !! Enjoy it all :)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wish I were your neighbor. Fresh milk, goat and cow; which means butterfat and cheese! Wow. I would be fat by season's end. :p

I love all the colors; are these from volunteers or did you choose the color placement when you planted them? Do they reseed for you?

Looks like you could use about 2 billion wildflower seeds LOL. Your grass is divine!

I want to see more!

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yes, those are cattle egrets.

ive never tried letting coleus seed out. i just bought one or two of each color earlier in the year and rooted all the others from those. i sort of placed the colors to compliment each other but not really. i mostly just planted them wherever there was a spot available whenever i had rootings ready for soil. a lot of them i just stuck directly in the dirt and let them root there. i actually got the orange one dead on a clearance rack for 25 cents and revived it rooted a lot of them from that plant. got the caladiums on clearance too latespring.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
yes, those are cattle egrets.

ive never tried letting coleus seed out. i just bought one or two of each color earlier in the year and rooted all the others from those. i sort of placed the colors to compliment each other but not really. i mostly just planted them wherever there was a spot available whenever i had rootings ready for soil. a lot of them i just stuck directly in the dirt and let them root there. i actually got the orange one dead on a clearance rack for 25 cents and revived it rooted a lot of them from that plant. got the caladiums on clearance too latespring.
Great plants, and your animals a a delight to view.

I find if they go to seed they expire! I keep a close eye on them.
They have to be the most easy plant to get cuttings.
I only buy one of each color or type. They produce very fast for me.

Here is a shot of mine.
100_6926.jpg

Again some great pictures thank you.

Latest posts