Checking In Again

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while. I read some posts to try to catch up a little. I've been really busy and keep making more work for myself.

The was the worst weed patch I've had in years The wet spring we had let the weeds pretty much take over. I was intending to do a lot of sawdust mulching, but between the mud and only having a shovel and wheelbarrow, it didn't get done.

There is about 40 feet of green beans just coming on, and the Indian & seed sweet corn are starting to dry. I have most of the garden in soybeans now.

I've taken a few steps to make sure I get my mulching done next year. I already told about the tractor with loader I bought - http://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/new-garden-tool.17398/

I bought a very lightly used manure spreader that spreads sawdust really well - https://www.newerspreader.com/

Since the 37 year old pickup that I bought brand new, and use as my work truck, needs several things fixed, I started looking for another truck to use while mine is down. A couple weeks ago I found a 1964 F250 with a dump bed. It needs a few things fixed (more work) and then it's my main work truck for a while. I can haul and quickly unload my sawdust now. :clap

Also a couple weeks ago I saw a tiller at a used farm equipment dealer as I drove by. Last week I drove by again at 4:30 am on Thursday. This time I stopped, and with my flashlight I looked it over. On Saturday, I went back and brought it home. It needs new tines and a couple u-joints(more work).

With these new additions I'm ready to get a lot of garden work done (more work?).

For some reason there is two of every picture.:idunno

A.jpg C.jpg G.jpg A.jpg C.jpg

Attachments

• G.jpg
    G.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 164
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 156
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 162
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 172
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 178

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, up!

Good to have you back ... until all that work takes you away ;).

Our old manure spreader was a killer. At least, it might have been. The thing threw manure, generally, in the right direction. Rocks could go, most anywhere. When we moved from 1 farm to another, Dad left it behind.

I like your soybeans program and hope the mulching works out well.

Steve

Latest posts