Checkup - Spam Levels Seem To Have Dropped

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
We've been on this new platform for a few months and I thought I'd do a quick check to see if y'all echo my feelings...

One of the many reasons we moved to this platform is because it has much better anti-spam features. We'll never be able to 100% get rid of spammers (there's always going to be a gray area that makes it impossible to differentiate between a legit new member and a human spammer), but it seems like the amount of spam getting through our filters is pretty low.

What do y'all think? Has it seemed like the quantity of spam has decreased since moving to this new system?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My computer is running slowly when I am on TEG. I am getting popups that I cannot get rid of. I have a pop up blocker. I had just now, TEG close down and a gaming site take it's place. My computer or TEG?

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this is happening! There should absolutely never be any popup ads on TEG.

The only thing I can think of is a possible rogue ad being served through Google's advertising program that we use here.

If possible, here's some info that will help us find the culprit:

1. Take a screenshot of the ad and post it here or PM / send me a conversation: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
  2. Hover over the ad and RIGHT click, then do "copy link location" and also send that to me.
  3. Any other info about the ad would be helpful
We'll try to use all this info to try and get it blocked.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't seen any spamming in here for a good long while.

If all sites stopped spammers this good, maybe the spammers would get a real job.

Latest posts