Cherokee is Nine Months Old

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here are some updated comparison photos
3 month to 9 months edit email.JPG

And here he is in his "Watch Puppy" mode. He got wider this month!
6 26 15 to 7 26 15 email.JPG

He now weighs 104.2 lbs and is 29.5 inches at the shoulder!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's a big, beautiful guy. Still see the biggest change from 7 month puppy to 8 months dog face. I would love to have one like him myself, but I don't envy you the house-hair. My short-haired Cee Cee is more than I care to handle.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He's a big, beautiful guy. Still see the biggest change from 7 month puppy to 8 months dog face. I would love to have one like him myself, but I don't envy you the house-hair. My short-haired Cee Cee is more than I care to handle.

Yes he did change a lot that month. He is not shedding at all right now. Probably next Spring, he will lose a lot of hair. I brush him at least once a day. I am saving his hair to make yarn. So far I have a brown paper grocery bag full of combings.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My Goodness. He is a handsome boy. My sister has Pyrenees. I just love the big ol' sweet hearts.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red short haired dogs shed a lot more then long haired. Long hair mats up and stays on dog, short hair just falls right out. Now I am not saying long haired dogs don't leave hair around house, but short hair worst .

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know that my son's great Danes shed worse than my choc. Lab. does. It is not just the shedding, but the burrs and seeds that stick and mat into huge messes of hairy whats-is.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know that my son's great Danes shed worse than my choc. Lab. does. It is not just the shedding, but the burrs and seeds that stick and mat into huge messes of hairy whats-is.

I keep a wide bristle brush by the back door to take off the pine needles, leaves and dirt that are in his coat before he comes in the house! His puppy coat was worse for things sticking to it!
Roll Over email.JPG

Now with the courser guard hairs, I can easily remove most things by just a brush off with my hand, or I shake his tail and things just fall off...

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes @Nyboy they do wander. Sis's neighbors let heir dogs run! And Run they do. They will be seen miles from home and usually chasing (herding ) deer. When Sis's Pyrenees find a way out of the fenced area they often wind up at the next farm checking out the cows! Her remaining Pyr stays a bit closer when out , or maybe just slower due to bad joints.

Latest posts