Chicken coop made out of pallets

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think it's great to recycle material like that - or maybe I'm just cheap.
;)

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My goat shed and current chicken coop are made of pallets. I'm also building a new chicken coop/yard out of pallets, actually even using the pallets as the fencing (with chicken wire on one side to keep smaller birds from escaping and bunnies from getting in to eat the feed). It's a good way to do stuff when you don't have much money!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The board and batten siding looks about the same as my greenhouse exterior. That is, the insulated north wall of the greenhouse (sunshed).

I used new fence boards partly to match the new backyard fence. Now, that old fence will need to come down. I've poured a concrete "splint" for 3 posts now, broken in windstorms. I figure, 1 more post and it will be time to pull it out.

Once down, there will be a heck of a lot of fence boards to get out of the yard. I have often suggested that people check on Craiglist or with fencing contractors to find fence boards for projects like small backyard buildings. Really, the posts are the first to go and even with those, 5 or 6 feet are usually sound.

Steve