Chicken Intervention for Joz

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yep, that's the back of my house, as seen from the backyard. My yard is wee, tho...

So, this photo shows a double staircase on the back of the house. Which my carpenter broke when he was fixing the rear porch, so it all needs replaced. The doodle above is the new stair (and chicken coop) design. The left-side stair will stay, the right side will go (tho I don't know what my dogs will do if they can't run upthestairs downthestairs aroundtheyard upthestairs downthestairs aroundtheyard ad infinitum... see the brown path across the yard between the two stair feets?).

7993_backyard_copy.jpg

So, the yard immediately behind my house is mine. It's maybe 15' deep, and 35' wide? and then my garden is in the dogleg annex, which is the wee fenced patch in the middle of all the other backyards angling toward the bottom left corner of the picture.

Chickens would basically live in the open coop/run. After work, after the dogs have their wee in the yard, I'd like to let the chickens out for a bit. My fences are only 4' chain link (except the gardening neighbor with the 7' white metal fence), although I have raised it to nearly 6 with T-poles and rectangular mesh to keep my dog in. Jerk. I'd probably have to babysit the girls and make sure they didn't get out.... or find a way to put dog tags on leg bands or something.

GAH. I really want to buy the house with the property that backs up to mine... resubdivide the yards, demolish the shed, and have a nice big long backyard like Gardening Neighbor.

Latest posts