Chicken Soup Failure

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would think that you could cook a whole chicken in the crock pot if you DON'T cover it with water.
I haven't tried it (that I can remember) but I would use one of my long crocks - not the tall ones. Quarter some onions (and/or potatoes, carrots, etc) to make a layer on the bottom that will keep the bird off the crock. Season the bird (shove a quartered apple and some rosemary sprigs up it's rear and smear some garlic butter on it's skin) and lay it on the layer of veggies. Or.. I suppose you could roll up some foil to make a little rack that would keep it off the bottom too.
Then pour in just enough water to cover the veggies and let it cook till the thermometer tells you it's done.
I bet it would come out tender and juicy.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy, I would love to have an estate chef! And an estate!!
DH is pretty good at toast, but all the more complex dishes are my territory. Like fancy French cooking...i.e. French toast.

Maybe Mary, Bee, and I could hire you on a rotation. You ride your moped clockwise around the country.....might need to do more noodling on that concept.... View attachment 9896
thistle when its your turn yes i can teach you more wonderful french cooking since you have french toast down pat! will more up to move to the next level...
french fries....:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy according to the 10 day this sat is going to be a rainy one..you got me in the mood for chicken soup..so going to do a photobomb thread on "chicken soup" just in your honor.....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy according to the 10 day this sat is going to be a rainy one..you got me in the mood for chicken soup..so going to do a photobomb thread on "chicken soup" just in your honor.....

Looking forward to that one. We are finally getting some good cold rainy fall weather, perfect for baking and making soups. :)

Heck, I already know how to do French fries, I must be a 5 star gourmet and just didn't realize it.
Stay tuned for my cooking show "Thistlestew".