Chicks! (New picture)

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well... I called Meyer yesterday. I confirmed the number of chicks I ordered and she said that even tho I ordered 7 of the meal makers... I would only get 1 and it would be a dual purpose female. She laughed at me when I told her that I was stressing out over getting 14 chicks. :lol:

Now I just can't WAIT to get them!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
They really are adorable. Since we have been having highs in the 90's and lows near 80 I have already moved them to the outside brooder, without a heat lamp, and they are doing great.

8829_sam_0166.jpg

You can see the dish of sand I give them so that they can take dust baths and get some "grit" in their little crops for grinding up the grass I toss in for them to munch on.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
aww cute ! I am waiting for my broody hen to hatch hers! due around June 4th ! shes doing good without breaking them so far !!!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Well... I called Meyer yesterday. I confirmed the number of chicks I ordered and she said that even tho I ordered 7 of the meal makers... I would only get 1 and it would be a dual purpose female. She laughed at me when I told her that I was stressing out over getting 14 chicks. :lol:

Now I just can't WAIT to get them!
I got my EE's from Meyers a couple of years ago and have nothing but good to say about them. My chicks arrived healthy and have stayed that way, I got a great variety and very pretty colors all laying colored eggs not a brown one in the bunch. And their customer service was great too.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Woohoo!!

Their customer service was AWESOME the couple times that I called them. I called them once to make sure I didn't order 14 chicks, and then again to see if I could get my order moved up. Both times the ladies were very nice, and we even had some laughs!

I CANNOT WAIT until next Friday (at the latest) to get my chicks! The postmaster said that they would call me when they got to the post office. You guys KNOW that I'm going to be sitting beside my phone every morning WAITING for it to ring! :lol:

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I lost 4 of the chicks last night, including my favorite. Not sure what happened, they were just dead. :hit
I don't think they piled up on each other, there's no diarrhea, the others seem fine... I'm at a loss

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ssorry about that mama...you said you moved them out side perhaps it cooled down over night????

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
I lost 4 of the chicks last night, including my favorite. Not sure what happened, they were just dead. :hit
I don't think they piled up on each other, there's no diarrhea, the others seem fine... I'm at a loss
Oh How awful ! I am so sorry ! I have heard few times from other people that lost their chickies from feeding chicken food ! some kind of food poisoning . But not sure if thats what happens to yours..

Latest posts