chiltepin peppers

bunch-a-chickens

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ive only ever gardened here, so i dont know what to compare it to really. its not clay or sandy, everything in the garden is growing great, and ive got a little bit of everything in it, so it seems to be a pretty good soil for anything. its soft, but like i said not sandy, only special treatment im giving it is keeping it stirred up and light around my peanuts

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
here is a dynamite recipe for when you get your chiles

25 fresh chitepins (or Scotch bonnets or habaneros actually any hot chile will do)
1 cup more or less of white vinegar (white is a must for this)
3 allspice berries
pinch of salt and a little citrus juice of your choice (I love it made with any even pineapple but just a bit like a few tsps because you want to enhance the chile not overwhelm it)

blend well in a blender and take it outside to open it!!!! watch your eyes!
this is some awesome hot sauce
:drool I do miss the spicy foods from TX!!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
HiDelight said:
here is a dynamite recipe for when you get your chiles

25 fresh chitepins (or Scotch bonnets or habaneros actually any hot chile will do)
1 cup more or less of white vinegar (white is a must for this)
3 allspice berries
pinch of salt and a little citrus juice of your choice (I love it made with any even pineapple but just a bit like a few tsps because you want to enhance the chile not overwhelm it)

blend well in a blender and take it outside to open it!!!! watch your eyes!
this is some awesome hot sauce
:drool I do miss the spicy foods from TX!!
I know huh babe me too!!!!! but I do recreate I should take you on my shopping round here I have a huge hook up on some fantastic Mercados in Tacoma!!!!

I have learned to find a mid ground with all we can grow here ..and all the great ethnic markets we can pretty much do it all

except grow good chiles :(

Buncha I say toss a seed in and see if it grows :) just do not overwater is all ..I think you can try for sure I know folks there love hot sauce! so maybe you can grow chiles there!

I hope so!

bunch-a-chickens

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
found a place that says 150 days to maturity. would i want to start them in a greenhouse about march 1st, and transpalnt about june 1st?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bunch-a-chickens said:
found a place that says 150 days to maturity. would i want to start them in a greenhouse about march 1st, and transpalnt about june 1st?
sounds good to me! I am not sure how long your growing season is

maybe someone from your area will chime in and be more of expert at this than I am

I hope this works for you ..If it were me I would go get a seed stick it in the ground and see what happens! right now!

but I am impulsive that way!