Christmas Baking!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has everyone been baking anything special this holiday season? Their are so many cookies, cakes, etc that I would like to try but are too many to make at all once. I didn't really want to go to crazy this year with all the baking.
I can't get enough of baking, now I'm setting up a website of my own to sell some of my baked goodies soon. Once I finish setting up the website I'll let everyone know.

Interested in hearing what everyone else has made! :pop

Here's what I've been making so far:

Pandoro- Italian Christmas Cake

Gingerbread Cookies

Bolo Rei Portuguese Christmas Cake

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh girl... I just finished baking some eclairs for a Christmas swap/ Birthday Party tomorrow night! YUM!

14084_eclairs2.jpg

I've never heard of Bolo Rei Portuguese Christmas Cake? Whats in it?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
By this time of year, I usually have trays of cookies every where. I just haven't been in the mood. I am going to try and make some cookies for a friend tonight. Greenthumb- those baked goodies are just gorgeous! They could grace the cover of a magazine! Vfem- I love eclairs- I can only imagine how incredible they would be, homemade! Thanks for motivating me- I will bake tonight!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
By this time of year, I usually have trays of cookies every where. I just haven't been in the mood. I am going to try and make some cookies for a friend tonight. Greenthumb- those baked goodies are just gorgeous! They could grace the cover of a magazine! Vfem- I love eclairs- I can only imagine how incredible they would be, homemade! Thanks for motivating me- I will bake tonight!
And you better come back and share LOTS of pictures!!! :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oh girl... I just finished baking some eclairs for a Christmas swap/ Birthday Party tomorrow night! YUM!

Sorry vfem, not a girl :lol: I'm a baking man. I'm a real man and can bake too....:gig

Those eclairs look great by the way, Did you fill them with pastry cream? You should try addling in some whipping cream to lighten the pastry cream or you could add some melted chocolate with the pastry cream. Cream puffs are similar to eclairs.
Bolo Rei has all kinds of nuts and candied fruit inside. I like it, its quite tasty I think its a better kind of fruitcake.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
vfem said:

Sorry vfem, not a girl :lol: I'm a baking man. I'm a real man and can bake too....:gig

Those eclairs look great by the way, Did you fill them with pastry cream? You should try addling in some whipping cream to lighten the pastry cream or you could add some melted chocolate with the pastry cream. Cream puffs are similar to eclairs.
Bolo Rei has all kinds of nuts and candied fruit inside. I like it, its quite tasty I think its a better kind of fruitcake.
Well you go Mr. Man!!! Those are some beautiful cakes!!! :drool

V, love LOVE eclairs!! :drool

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
vfem said:

Dur, total slip of the tongue... not thinking! LOL

Pardon my lack of sleep these day. :rolleyes:

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Dur, total slip of the tongue... not thinking! LOL

Pardon my lack of sleep these day. :rolleyes:
Its ok vfem! Just wanted to clear that up ;)
You need to have some tea and get some sleep....:caf

Chick1043

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Stop!! LOL Looks yummy!! Making me hungry!! xD