Christmas cooking

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only thing I'm baking is a cinnamon suger pull-apart bread. It smells so good in the kitchen right now! It's going to be a challenge tomorrow morning driving to my mom's place on an empty stomach with this bread filling the car with this amazing smell. I made it for the brunch were doing with my side of the family. Afterwards we play a typical Dutch game shuffleboard with small wooden disks.

View attachment 29880
YUM>

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
View attachment 29874
.. Cathy's famous Gołąbki...Have you started your Christmas cooking?
What is that?!?! Looks deLICIOUS!!!
I started my 14 lb turkey at 6 this morning. DD's will help with dinner. We are keeping it simple. I make a LOT of turkey dinners so it is almost "do it in my sleep now." Btw, it is always a good idea to grow common sage. I planted mine in 2001 and it just keeps growing and giving back. Just have to snap off a sprig to season any fowl. An onion in the cavity to hold the sage in place and pepper on top, placing the bird upside down, and you take it out 5-7 hours later. I will try to take off the lid and brown it this year, just for fun.
My Vet made my butter cookies for my birthday. She had to give Eva a rabies shot. DH discovered them and I had to take this picture before he ate them all!! :th

Attachments

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fun reading thread!

I made my Half Moon Bay pumpkin bread with a kabocha squash. Enough for 6 loaves but I made 3.

DW made apple pie with Mom's recipe and her own little twist, using some tapioca. Mom may have done that too but I remember it with flour. DW complained that the apple slices didn't completely finish cooking! What's to complain about? Five minutes in the microwave, Hot Apple Pie!!

DD went for a breakfast orientation and I think Dad especially liked that ...

:) Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fun reading thread!

I made my Half Moon Bay pumpkin bread with a kabocha squash. Enough for 6 loaves but I made 3.

DW made apple pie with Mom's recipe and her own little twist, using some tapioca. Mom may have done that too but I remember it with flour. DW complained that the apple slices didn't completely finish cooking! What's to complain about? Five minutes in the microwave, Hot Apple Pie!!

DD went for a breakfast orientation and I think Dad especially liked that ...

:) Steve
I stab my apple pie with a steak knife to be sure the apples are cooked through.

Latest posts