Christmas Ornaments

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to a store last night, was surprised by Christmas ornaments out already. Halloween is still far off !Soon they will be pushing Christmas in August.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
And don't forget that there is the holiday that has the tastiest of stuffed and roasted of the fowl set... the TURKEY as the centerpiece celebrating the fall harvest bounty of our Nation . :drool

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy Christmas in July is often a SALES theme to push sales along during the non-holidays months. As a crafter I often see winter and Christmas fabric placed out in July or August. Probably so we have time to get those hand made gifts done in time.

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mom works in the fabric industry and would agree that they set things out many months in advance of a given holiday to let crafters have time to purchase and make things such as Halloween costumes, Thanksgiving tablecloths, etc.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Retail is so different anymore, starting earlier and holding on to things longer before marking them down for clearance too. Used to be you could go the day after any holiday and buy stuff marked like 75% off, but now they hold onto it for weeks! Who knows what season it is anymore? :rolleyes:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
And don't forget that there is the holiday that has the tastiest of stuffed and roasted of the fowl set... the TURKEY as the centerpiece celebrating the fall harvest bounty of our Nation . :drool

Actually I think the theme for that holiday was intended for giving thanks to God. It has lost it's focus through the years and now seems to be a holiday devoted to gluttony.
http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/thanks.htm

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have a store in the next town over from me that is Christmas year round. they sell ornaments all the time if you get a chance to go into their store. it's called The Christmas Dove. they don't just sell ornaments for Christmas, they sell ones with other holiday themes and seasons too!

Latest posts