Cocktail Grapefruit Tree Care???

I'm A Gardener :)

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've just gotten this cocktail grapefruit tree, which is from amazon.com. I followed the directions that came with it, but the tree itself is almost like a stick... anyway to get it to grow bigger??? I mist it everyday at one point. I keep the soil moist. It is in a well drained pot in a sunny window. Is there some type of fertilizer I could give it? It is a grafted tree, and they said it will fruit in 16 months... so it has a while to go, just trying to do my best at keeping it alive!!! I'll get some pics up soon.... :D

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Since I figured out I can't post pics or url's on here, here they are on Backyard Chickens Forum, one of TheEasyGarden's Sister Sites..... Go to backyardchickens.com/forum and scroll down to random ramblings... It should be somewhere on that page posted by chicken boy sam

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Usually fruit trees come as sticks, and its probably been grafted to root stock that will do well in a container. Being cut back that much, I don't see it producing for at least 3 years.

Keep the soil moist, and don't over fertilize while its so young. Give it a chance to get its roots set. I'm sure it will do fine, all my apple trees came little sticks like that, and my husband freaked. He was sure they were going to die or never produce. They had their first little blossoms last year, but never produced fruit. This will be their 4th season so I sure do expect some fruit this time around!

good luck & :welcome

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You can upload photos in the green bar above... you will see "uploads" your pictures can be there... or if they are at a url online... simpling type

[ img ] post url here [ / img ]

without the spaces in the tags of course! :)

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks... I was gonna get a bigger one from a local source but NONE of them had citrus, let alone dwarf citrus! Guess I'll just have to wait a longer time :( Were the instructions for the pics easy to get to the post??? Too bad I can't post pics until I have 10 posts, but it makes sense!

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
You can upload photos in the green bar above... you will see "uploads" your pictures can be there... or if they are at a url online... simpling type

[ img ] post url here [ / img ]

without the spaces in the tags of course! :)
I can't do that, well I uploaded them but can't post them since I haven't posted 10 ordinary posts yet... it's to keep away spammers :(

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I'm guessing this is the link you mean:

It looks healthy, I wish I knew what kind of root stock they used? Did they mention it on Amazon where you bought the listing?
Thank you SO MUCH! It was dwarf rootstock and the actual place was "Larry's Orchids and Tropicals"