Coffee Arabica plants

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to give a 'heads-up' on a discovery I made. Most of us have access to Lowe's Home Improvement stores.

Our Lowe's, here in Las Cruces, has an indoor plant section in the building near the Garden Center. They utilize this company out of Florida that uses the product name of 'Exotic Angel Plants'. These are in 4" pots.

One of the selections is a 4" pot of Coffee Arabica seedlings. Each pot contains up to six seedlings that are on their third leafset. The cost on one 4" pot is $2.68 Unbelievable.

So what I did was get one (cannot beat the price) and then separate each into new containers. Potentially coffee plants can reach 10' in their ideal conditions. Here in the States coffee can only grow outdoors in a tropical setting, but everywhere else indoors with indirect lighting is all that is required to grow full healthy trees that can produce fruit. The Arabica is a self-pollinating plant so if a person loses all but one they can still produce.

Here are a few shots of my new favorite plants:
213okzd.jpg

f9gksz.jpg

If anyone is interested I could also give you the web address to the company in Florida; they have an option on their home page to "find a dealer near you".

I am so happy to have 6 new Coffee plants. I have been misting them every day and it is now a week and there was no wilting at all from separating them at the root.

Remember, no direct sunlight for these guys.

Take care, Ron :cool:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh great... I was just at home depot buying all new patio seat covers.. and well... SPLURGING!!! LOL

I'm going to sneak back over there. ;)

Latest posts