COLD Front (redefined)

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So I was watching the weather this morning and heard the meteorologist (Yes, with a degree.) say that we'd be getting a cold front on Saturday. Changed stations and another was saying the same thing, a cold front on Saturday. Changed stations again and the third one said a cool front.

Now I grew up in Central Illinois and I do not consider a high temperature of 91 - 93 F. to be cool, let alone cold. Okay, that's about 10 cooler than today, but it sure as heck isn't cool or cold. I have seen temps of 0 here abouts, sleet and even a little snow. That I call cold, but 93...?
:idunno

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oldguy43, I heard pretty much the same weather report. I have decided MY cold front will come when I stand in front of the opened door of my freezer. :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah... 20% chance I'll be cooling my front over the a/c vent this weekend. I'll be feeling a bit perky then! :woot

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a ranching couple who lived in Montana. Now the wife had a younger sister who lived in some fancy beach town in California.

One day it was New Years day, and the California sister called her older Montana sister to talk on the telephone. The husband answered because he was in the house putting on some pairs of dry socks and boots because his other ones got wet in the ice storm while doing some calving and getting the Cows into the barn. He was pleased to talk with his sister in law a bit while his wife was finishing up filling the feed troughs in the barn.

When his wife came in shaking the ice off her layers of clothes, laughing about the mess in the mud room, the husband called to his wife saying her sister's on the phone. As she came into the dining room, naturally she said as he handed her the phone, "How's my baby sister doing?" To which he replied, "She says it's a bone chilling 75 degrees there, above." He was belly laughing as he pulled a coat over his thermal overalls and went back outside to the barn.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MY first actual cold front is coming...for Mon, Tues and Wed pm i saw lows around 27-28 degrees!! Still lotsa tomatoes out there so i think i'll try and cover, since it looks like its warming up again after these cold nights.

Latest posts