Computer Illiterate How?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just go to the link's address right click and choose 'copy' or 'copy address' from there and jump back to my message on TEG and post the address/link in there. most sites i know from heart when it comes to seed catalogs but sometimes if it is a specific page with info i just do the copy/cut and paste. i tend to keep multiple tabs opened in my browser so i can look at one page while i keep TEG open in the background to bounce back to when i find something interesting to read! hope this helps! :D

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
A couple of things NY:

Are you using a laptop with the touchpad?
Does your touchpad work the new way, without the buttons under or over it?
If that kind, the copy paste is trickier! You have to use 2 fingers on it and figure how fast or hard to press.

If you use the regular mouse it is easiest. You'll be using that right button you never use. Make sure the cursor is at the end of the url in the address url window with the regular left button, then click the right button and draw the cursor to the left over the whole url. Make that whole url blue. then click the left button. a drop down happens.

on the dropdown, bring the cursor to the word
copy

then go to your post message page. On there, make sure the cursor is in the post message.
next, click the right button on your mouse again, and then bring the cursor to where it says
paste
and click the word paste.

VOYLA!

tHAT'S MY GOOD OLE NEANDERTHAL VERSION.

=====

The next thing is, are you using a browser that has tabs on it?
that sounds complicated at first!!!

One of the good things about the problem i recently had was that to try to fix it i was told to download other browsers and try things differently. Though it did not fix it I learned about tabbed browsing.

My new laptop is all google chrome, all tabs.

tabs are like fresh windows with ie9, except they are all on the same doo hickee! it makes it simpler to go from one page to another.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Another way:

Put your cursor at the end of the address in the address bar.
Hold down the Shift key and press Home.
Press Ctrl and C at the same time.
Navigate to your post and place the cursor where you want to put the link.
Press Ctrl and V at the same time.
Viola!

Note: Caps are not necessary. I only used them for clarity.

Latest posts