Conspiracy - do we really have to resort to this?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The internet has done nothing if it hasn't created a wonderful breeding ground for the grassy knoll believers amongst us. Recently, I have been seeing the Newtown conspiracy believers rising up in imagined grievance. I resent it.

On a note that is more pleasant to contemplate: Why the Moon Landings Could Have Never EVER Been Faked (link) :cool:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. ~ Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

There will never be "definitive proof" for some small percent of our citizens. You certainly don't have to believe or, even, understand what this guy is saying. Or, accept the point-of-view that he expresses at the end of the video. Still, he gets himself out there and the conspiratorists can attempt to take aim at him ;) if they want to. Why it has to come down to this, I don't know. Still, it takes decades for the dust to settle, moon dust and otherwise. We probably come to the right notions about things in time but it isn't quickly enuf for some of people not to start kicking up a lot of dust on their own.

Steve

Edited to add a quote from the video: "Once you're forced to hypothesize whole new technologies to keep your conspiracy possible, you've stepped over into the realm of magic. It demands a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know." ~ S. G. Collins

Latest posts