Cool designs of old tools

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The other day at town I bought a couple tools that seem well made with some new handy thing about them.

One is simply like a leaf rake only about 7 inches wide and slightly stiff. The synthetic handle is almost full length and lightweight.

I bought that one for weeding in some of the hard to reach spots,,,shwoui shwoui shwoui,,, weed seedlings rubbed out. I may never use it for leaves, ah, maybe here or there.

The other new tool I bought, made by the same company, also some synthetic handle, is a telescoping cultivator/hoe, both of the hand tool size, except the handle telescopes to something over 4 feet. That'll be kind of cool, once I know when I may need it.

Anyone else getting cool new tools?

Oh, by the way, these were kinda cheap, but seem at least a good medium duty. I won't try to dig a well with them or anything like that. lol!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mothers' Day gift from my son is a Fiskars multi-tool. It is a pair of pruners with a wire cutter. One outside edge of the cutter is a saw, the other outside edge is a knife. It comes with a carrying pouch--not something you would want to just shove in your back pocket without the sheath! I think it will be very handy.

(Seems like I'm always editing my posts lately!)

Edited to say: Garden Gate Magazine usually has a section that shows new handy tools. Great magazine with no ads in it, BTW.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a tool compulsion. I love going to hardware stores and scoping out their tool selection. My husband is good enough to understand this and gift me with tools on gifting occasions.

Speaking of telescopes, my most recent addition was a telescoping rake. Pretty handy for raking in tight quarters around plants, because I can make the tines narrower. Saves having to walk around with two rakes, a regular spring rake and a shrub rake.

My favorite new tool last season was a hoe with a bitty triangular head. Perfect for snuffing weeds next to plants.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
My latest favorite tool is a regular pitch fork. I have found a use for it everyday ive had it. it works great for turning compost, has a sturdy handle and well built tines. Marsh I saw that tool with the telescopic handle last time DW and I were at Big R, I was waving it in her face and showing her how it works, she wasnt biting at all she wanted to checkout the fruit trees. It really seemed handy though.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My favorite tools I got from Johnny's and many were designed but Elliot Colman...the first one is a collinear hoe it is very easy on the back to use...then I have a 3 tooth cultivator my DH bought me for Christmas one year...I have a right angle trowel which helps prevent carple tunnel...and I have a hand held soil blocker for seed starting...Love all of them...I had one of those adjustable rakes once but it broke...I now use a childs plastic rake to get into the tight spots...

Latest posts