cool smilies

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do it NinnyMary!!!

First, use paper and pencil to write down my instructions: have your reading glasses on.

Go to that page.

http://www.pic4ever.com/index-9.php

Find any smiley.

Look at the numbers in the box under the forum colum.

Set your cursor in it.

Press the right button on your mouse, that's the one you never use.

A little drop down menu appears.

See the word "copy" in it.

Set your cursor on the word "copy"

With the cursor there, click the right button on the mouse.

Now come back to where you are posting a message.

Have a sip of tea.

Get the cursor in the message box and do a regular click where you want the smiley.

Make sure your cursor is still there.

Now use that right button on your mouse again, click that right button.

A drop down menu appears.

Look for the word "paste" in it.

Click on the word "paste"

Your message writing box now has a thing with a url doo dad.

just make sure there are some spaces between the start of it and your previous sentence, and same at the other end.

finish your message, click submit.

Next lesson: having more than one page open at a time.

Cane, digit, correct any mistakes i may have made here please. NinnyMary, wait until my steps here get approved :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know because I haven't been to the page yet. But, what Marshall says sounds right.

Instead of going there . . . :p . . . I just right clicked on Carol Dee's smiley and came up with:

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2gwb921.gif

See, it is really the one Carol Dee copied. If you just put TEG's "Img" around it it looks like this:

2gwb921.gif

You can do that with any internet image that hasn't been somehow modified for security.

Watch, I'll do it with Journey's picture of the week:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/upload/pow/2013-04-02.jpg

Just a right click. Highlight & copy "location." Paste it in the message box. Highlight it again. Click "Img" above the message box. Submit:

2013-04-02.jpg

Steve
who always "previews" everything and better than half the times, goes back and edits, too :rolleyes:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The options are different with different browsers. I couldn't figure out what Steve was talking about when I right clicked using Internet Explorer, but I opened TEG in Firefox and right-clicking gives me an entirely different set of options, one of which is "Copy image location" and that does the trick. The only way I can get the URL with my IE browser is to right click, click on "properties" and highlight it from there. Just another reason for me to hate IE. But I can't seem to find one browser that will do all that I want it to do. Stupid IE won't even display Pinterest and I am pretty good with computers and even my husband who has a Master's degree in computers couldn't find a plug-in or setting to be altered that would make the stupid thing work. Ha...my rant for the evening, eh. :rant

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
2013-04-02.jpg

Uh, oh. I didn't realize that, Journey.

I have only used Firefox and sometimes Chrome the last . . . I don't know . . . 5 years. I just looked at Chrome. It isn't quite the same but has the "copy image URL" That is how I just copied your flower in this post.

I don't have any idea anymore what Internet Explorer has or hasn't.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That should help us learn, Cane'.

Look, there is the image's URL, right there in the quote! :)

Somewhere on TEG, I am here as a visitor on Internet Explorer. Yes, it came with the machine. I can open it whenever I want to. Firefox is seriously cluttered with bookmarks and such. I always say that I'm not going to do that much . . . and then they pile up. Other stuff, too.

Chrome is almost clear. I think I've got 3 things. It was a suggestion from DD that I get Chrome for the laptop and I downloaded it also to this desktop.

Anyway . . . the only way we learn is to play. That is how we learned as children. Our "business" as 6 year-olds was to play and go to school where we learned to follow directions and interact with others.

On Internet Explorer, I just right clicked on the rose and clicked on "Open in a new tab." There was the rose all by itself! The URL is in the address bar. I could copy that, paste it here, highlight it, and click "Img." That would put the image right here in the post again.

You could do the same with the URL printed out in the quote or with most any other image link.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
so lucky said:
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/computer3.gif
Not working for me!

Oh, it just showed the number/letter thing till I actually posted it.
That number/letter thing is the URL address, So Lucky! It is a .gif image. There are some others (like, .jpg) and they direct us to the image.

Steve :)
Tis a good thing I don't have to make my living by knowing about computers.
sm194.gif

Latest posts